Last Updated: October 15, 2021
This Privacy and Cookies Statement (“Statement”) explains how Medline Industries, LP. (“Medline,” “we” and “our”) protect your privacy when you visit this website and any other Medline websites that display this Statement, or when you use any Medline mobile applications that link to this Statement (collectively, our “Site(s)”). This Statement describes what types of information we collect and track when you use our Sites, how this information is used and with whom it is shared. If you have any questions about this Statement, please contact us.
Please read this entire Statement before using the Site or submitting information to Medline through the Site. This Statement does not apply to the collection, use and disclosure of protected health or information, as defined by applicable provincial or territorial personal health information legislation.
1. Collection of Personal Information
We collect identifiers, registration information, transaction data, health-related information, device information, and other Personal Information related to our commercial relationships.
2. Use of Personal Information
We use Personal Information to provide our services and products, respond to inquiries, manage accounts and maintain business operations, provide relevant marketing, and fulfill other business and compliance purposes.
3. Sources of Personal Information
We collect Personal Information from a number of sources in connection with the day-to-day management of our business and our commercial relationships.
4. Sharing of Personal Information
We share Personal Information as necessary to provide our services and products and respond to requests, and to fulfil other business and compliance purposes.
5. Marketing Choices
You have control on how we use Personal Information for marketing.
7. Data Security
We maintain technical and organizational measures to protect Personal Information from loss, misuse, alteration, or unintentional destruction.
8. Cross-Border Data Transfers
This Site is operated in Canada and intended solely for use in Canada.
9. Retention of Personal Information
We typically retain Personal Information as required or permitted by applicable law.
10. Note about Children
We do not knowingly collect or use any Personal Information directly from children under 18.
11. Changes to this Privacy Statement
We may update this Privacy Statement from time to time.
12. Links to Other Websites
Our Sites may contain links to other websites or services that are not owned or controlled by us.
13. Contact Us
Please contact us as detailed below with any questions.
- Collection of Personal Information. We collect the following categories of personally identifiable information from you or about you when you visit or interact with any of our Sites (“Personal Information”):
- Direct identifiers and contact information, including your name, address, phone number, email address, or professional information;
- Registration information, such as your username and password;
- Transaction data, such as purchases and inquiries;
- Health-related information, such as information about a health condition, or safety and health information in relation to any of our products that is not covered by applicable health privacy laws;
- Device information, such as computer Internet Protocol (IP) address, unique device identifier (UDID), cookies and other information linked to a device, and information about your usage of our Site and your communications with Medline; and
- Other information you voluntarily provide.
To the extent you provide information to us about an individual other than yourself (e.g., a patient of yours or another health care provider) or provide additional information about yourself pursuant to your query, you agree that you are legally permitted to submit such information to us for the purposes described in this paragraph and have obtained any and all legally required consents for our processing of such information as described herein.
- Use of Personal Information. We may use your Personal Information for business and commercial purposes relating to your interactions with Medline, communicating with you, improving Medline Sites and our products and services, and for other internal business purposes, as follows:
- Fulfill the orders you placed and allow you to track your orders, respond to your inquiries, and allow Medline to contact you;
- Manage your accounts, maintain our business operations, and allow you access to our proprietary systems;
- Send you reminders, updates, support, administrative messages, service bulletins, and requested information;
- Make our Site more personal, intuitive and easy to use;
- Protect the security and effective functioning of our Site and information technology systems;
- Provide relevant marketing about our or our affiliates' services, or promotions that we are developing, and opportunities that may be available to you; and
- Address our compliance and legal obligations and exercise our legal rights.
- Sources of Personal Information. We collect Personal Information from you or about you, as follows:
- When you provide it directly to us, or when provided by your Caregiver or Healthcare Provider to us;
- From clinical studies, and joint marketing partners as permitted by applicable law; and
- From third-party sources, such as business partners, data brokers, background check services, social media, or other sources.
- Sharing of Personal Information. We generally share Personal Information as described below:
- With third parties: In compliance with applicable data protection law, we may share your Personal Information with the following categories of recipients:
- Service providers: We share Personal Information with service providers to enable such parties to perform functions on our behalf and under our instructions in order to carry out the purposes identified above.
- Auditors and advisors: We share Personal Information with auditors for the performance of audit functions and advisors for the provision of legal and other advice.
- Business reorganization: We share Personal Information with any corporate purchaser or prospect to the extent permitted by law as part of any merger, acquisition, sale of company assets, or transition of service to another provider, as well as in the event of insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership in which Personal Information would be transferred as a Medline asset.
- Mandatory disclosures and legal rights: We share Personal Information in order to comply with any subpoena, court order or other legal process, or other governmental request. We also share Personal Information to establish or protect our legal rights, property, or safety, or the rights, property, or safety of others, or to defend against legal claims.
We will not disclose your Personal Information to third parties for advertising or marketing purposes or for any other purposes without explicit permission.
- Marketing Choices. You have control regarding our use of your Personal Information for direct marketing.If you no longer wish to receive any marketing communications, remain on a mailing list to which you previously subscribed, or receive any other marketing communication, you can choose to not receive such communications at any time. Please follow the unsubscribe link in the relevant communication, update your preferences in your account settings, or contact us as detailed below.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small amounts of data that are created when you visit a website and stored on your browser, device, communication, or the page you are viewing. Some cookies are deleted once you close your browser, while other cookies are retained even after you close your browser so that you can be recognized when you return to a websites. More information about cookies and how they work is available at www.allaboutcookies.org.
Cookies can be owned and operated by different parties and referred to as the following:
First-party cookies – A first-party cookie is created and stored by the website you are visiting directly. It allows site owners to collect customer analytics data, remember language settings, and carry out other useful functions that help provide a good user experience. The cookies set by Medline websites for example will be first-party cookies.
Third-party cookies – Third-party cookies are set and read by or on behalf of a party other than the webserver that is hosting the website. For example, cookies set by Facebook or Google on the computers of website visitors who visit Medline websites will be third-party cookies.
We use various Cookies on our Site including:
Strictly Necessary Cookies: These are required for the operation of our Site. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas. These cookies are session cookies that are erased when you close your browser.
Functional Cookies: These improve the functional performance of our Site and make it easier for you to use. For example, cookies are used to remember that you have previously visited the Site and asked to remain logged into it. These cookies qualify as persistent cookies, because they remain on your device for us to use during a next visit to our Site. You can delete these cookies via your browser settings.
Targeting Cookies: These record your visit to our Site, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed to recognize you as a previous visitor and to track your activity on the Site and other websites you visit. These cookies qualify as persistent cookies, because they remain on your device for us to use during a next visit to our Site. You can delete these cookies via your browser settings. See below for further details on how you can control third party targeting cookies.
What are your options if you do not want cookies on your computer?
You can review your Internet browser settings, typically under the sections "Help" or "Internet Options," to exercise choices you have for certain Cookies. If you disable or delete certain Cookies in your Internet browser settings, you might not be able to access or use important functions or features of this Site, and you may be required to re-enter your log-in details.
To learn more about certain cookies used for interest based advertising by third parties, including through cross-device tracking, and to exercise certain choices regarding such cookies, please visit the Digital Advertising Alliance, Network Advertising Initiative, Digital Advertising Alliance-Canada, or your device settings.
Given the divergent practices of organizations that offer browsers and the lack of a standard in the marketplace, we do not respond to Do Not Track signals at this time.
- Data Security. Medline maintains technical and organizational measures to protect Personal Information from loss, misuse, alteration, or unintentional destruction. However, no security measure can guarantee against compromise. You also have an important role in protecting your Personal Information. You should not share your username and password with anyone, and you should not re-use passwords across more than one website. If you have reason to believe that your password has been compromised or used without authorization, you must promptly change it using the functionality provided on the Site.
- Retention of Personal Information. Medline will store and maintain Personal Information collected via the Sites for as long as necessary (i) for the purposes for which it was collected, (ii) to meet its current and future legal obligations, including in compliance with Medline’s records retention policy, and (iii) as otherwise permitted by applicable law.
- Note about Children. We do not knowingly collect or use any Personal Information directly from children under 18. If you are a parent and become aware that your child has provided us with information, please contact us using one of the methods specified below, and we will work with you to address this issue.
- Changes to this Privacy Statement. We may update this Privacy Statement from time to time as our services and privacy practices change, or as required by law. The effective date of our Privacy Statement is posted above, and we encourage you to visit our Site periodically to stay informed about our privacy practices. We will post the updated version of the Privacy Statement on our Site, and where applicable ask for your consent to the changes if legally required.
- Links to Other Websites. Our Sites may contain links to other websites or services that are not owned or controlled by us, including but not limited to links to websites of our advertisers, sponsors, and partners. This Privacy Statement only applies to information collected by our Sites. We have no control over these third-party websites, and your use of third party websites and features are subject to privacy policies posted on those websites. We are not responsible or liable for the privacy or business practices of any third-party websites linked to our Sites. Your use of third parties’ websites linked to our Sites is at your own risk, so we encourage you to read the privacy policies of any linked third-party websites when you leave our Sites.
- Contact Us. If you have questions or comments regarding this Statement or our privacy practices in general, our practices with respect to the use of service providers outside your jurisdiction, or questions about the collection, use, disclosure or storage of personal information by such service providers located outside your jurisdiction, please contact us at:
C/O Diana Gazdar
5150 Spectrum Way, Suite 300
Mississauga, ON L4W 5G2
Submit a request here or email us at: MedlinePrivacyOffice@Medline.com
Call Toll-Free: (844) 249-1979