Medline's Global Scope
Medline Industries, LP is headquartered in the Chicago area of the United States and servicing over 125 countries, including Canada.
Until 2021, it was the largest privately held manufacturer and distributor of healthcare supplies.
Today, Medline Industries, LP serves hospitals, extended care facilities, surgery centres, physician offices, home care agencies and providers, and retailers across the globe. The company has over 27,000 employees worldwide and does business in over 125 countries, including dedicated manufacturing and distribution centres in North America and Europe.
Our strengths lie in our worldwide network and diversified supply chain, which allow us to be flexible and highly responsive, while also being available to our customers from coast to coast in Canada.
As a leading manufacturer and distributor of PPE-related categories, Medline is uniquely positioned to provide high-quality supply with stable pricing to Canada because of our global infrastructure and because we are providers across the continuum of care in all healthcare channels. Medline purchases and sells products effectively and efficiently. Our extremely high volume allows us to create unique opportunities.
- 1910 The Mills family established what will become Medline when A.L. Mills founded the Northwestern Garment Factory
- 1966 Al Mine's grandsons Jim and Jon Mills found Medline with approximately 12,000 square feet of warehouse space and one loading dock in Evanston, Illinois.
- 1968 Medline opens its first textile manufacturing facility
- 1969 Head office moved to Northfield, Illinois
- 1972 Medline purchases an injection molding company
- 1985 Medline opens its first facility for assembling Sterile Procedure Trays (SPT)
- 1996 Medline takes over its own distribution
- 1998 Launch of medline.com and online purchasing
- 2001 First Medline private label manufacturing for retailers including CVS, Walgreen and Target
- 2003 Medline enters the Canadian market
- 2005 Launch of Medline University
- 2006 Opening of Shanghai office
- 2007 Medline acquires Curad, its first retail brand of first-aid products
- 2009 Medline launches Generation Pink exam gloves to help raise breast cancer
- 2011 Medline introduces BioMask, the first-ever FDA-cleared antiviral medical facemask shown to inactivate flu viruses
- 2011 Opening of R&D Laboratory
- 2011 Opening of 600,000 square ft. manufacturing plant in Atlanta
- 2016 Medline Canada acquires Medical Mart
- 2018 Medline Canada acquires Dufort et Lavigne
- 2019 Medline Canada opens head office in Mississauga, ON
- 2020 Medline Canada acquires Médi-Sélect
- 2020 Medline Canada opens first greenfield distribution centre hub in Guelph, Ontario
- 2021 Medline Canada opens new Eastern Hub in Terrebonne, Quebec
- 2021 Medline sells a majority stake of the company to funds managed by private equity firms Blackstone Group, Carlyle Group and Hellman & Friedman. The Mills family remain as company leaders.